Information for Parents
Please use the new website
A fee of $45.00 per student per term has been established for all children attending the North Ingle Preschool. This is used to cover costs associated with the Preschool Learning Programme. Please pay fees at the School Office. Online payment is now available. Please see our friendly finance officer for further details.
Parents are asked to park their cars in the streets adjacent to the school. With delivery trucks going in and out, the staff car park is a dangerous place for children. This is therefore an out of bounds area for all children in the school. Please keep your child safe by parking in the street.
Entry into school
In South Australia, public primary schools have one intake date, this means:
- If your child turns five years before 1 May they can start primary school the first day of term 1 of that year.
- If your child turns five on or after 1 May they can start primary school the first day of term 1 of the following year.
The one intake means every child has four terms of pre-schooling and reception before starting the rest of their schooling. Your child must be at school by their sixth birthday - this is the compulsory school starting age.
Parents are always welcome in the Preschool. We value all parent contributions and appreciate any volunteer time offered.
Parent involvement is invaluable to help with the following:
- To interact with and encourage the children to become independent.
- Reading stories to individual children, supervising dice/card games.
- Working with children (e.g. helping with cooking).
- Preparation of activity materials such as collage, painting paper, paints, etc.
- Helping to set up and pack away outdoor equipment and activities, helping to clean/tidy up at the end of the session, e.g. washing paint/paste brushes, wiping down tables, chairs up on tables.
If you would like to volunteer time in the preschool to run a learning experience, whether that be cooking, art, sports, music or reading books we would love to hear from you.